Loves riding in the car!
this is such a cute Pit Bull, AND she does tricks!
Originally posted on BaxterBoo Blog:
Apparently all those hearts that were left in San Francisco have banded together to let the love of man’s best friend help with a chronic problem the city faces: Panhandling. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the city has tried various laws and programs to deal with this widespread problem. The city has also faced an unprecedented surge in homeless dogs and supporters are hoping that the two needs can serve each other.
View original 180 more words
I have been shopping at Lord & Taylor as long as I can remember. My favorite sales associate, Vivian Feld, works in their flagship stores on Fifth Avenue. First, she worked with my mother and now, she works with me. Every few months, I show up in a panic to find clothes for a TV pet segment. Over the years, Vivian’s pics (Calvin Klein, Tahari, Lafayette, Adrianna Papell, Donna Karan, Tadashi Shoji and others) have been worn on Fox & Friends, Nate Berkus, The View, VH1 and other national and local shows in New York City and around the country.
As a pet care and lifestyle expert as well as a devoted Lord & Taylor shopper, I am thrilled that one my favorite retailers will host “Perfect Pairs” Pet Adoption Day, celebrating Lord & Taylor’s biggest sandal sale of the season. The event will be held on Saturday, June 23 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Shoppers can purchase strappy heels, colorful flats, high and low wedges, brights and neutrals by some of their favorite shoe designers (Adrienne Vittadini, Anne Klein, Bandolino, Ivanka Trump, Vince Camuto, Ellen Tracey, Franco Sarto and Ralph Lauren) for work, play, day, night and even, to walk their dog. Regular and sale price-sandals are available. Don’t forget to bring your coupon from the mailed, circular with you for additional savings.
Animal rescue groups that are part of Best Friends Animal Society’s No More Homeless Pets® Network will bring rescued pets available for adoption to select stores as part of a national effort to put shelter pets in front of retail shoppers.
According to Liz Rodbell, EVP & Chief Merchant, Hudson’s Bay Company, operator of Lord & Taylor, “Lord & Taylor is very excited to be partnering with Best Friends Animal Society in celebration of our biggest sandal sale of the season. We have incorporated adoptable dogs into our latest shoe campaign and are thrilled to be hosting Perfect Pairs Pet Adoption Day in Lord & Taylor stores nationwide. This is an important cause for our customers and we have high expectations that this event will help to draw awareness to adopting animals in need of a home.”
Adopting a dog is a 10-15 year commitment. If you are not able to do so at this time, share this information with dog-loving friends or stop by to see the dogs and give a donation. You can also text PETS to 50555 to give $10 to Best Friends Animal Society. Your $10 gift helps a homeless pet find a loving home.
Lastly, if you are a dog owner who just happens to love shoes, enter the Lord & Taylor Facebook Contest. Submit a photo of your pet with your favorite shoes on the Lord & Taylor’s Facebook page for a chance to win a pair of shoes per month for a year. To enter or view complete official rules, here:
I don’t know about all of you, but flea medicine and tick medicine tend to make me a little nervous. They’re strong chemicals used to kill the little varmints running around on our dogs skin. It really scares me now that we’re having all that trouble with pet foods and what not making our dogs sick and killing them. Whose to say this type of thing won’t be next? According to this article from “Organic Authority,” there are 9 good ways to keep your dog naturally flea free. While some of the suggestions seem like a bit much to someone like me that lives out in the country, I think if a dog owner takes consideration one or two of these precautions, that it will help the animal in the end!
1. Limit your dog’s activity outdoors
2. Treat your grassy lawn (there is a spray that contains nematodes that eat flea larva and can cut down on the fleas in your lawn by 90% in 24 hours.)
3. Keep your pet beds clean (make sure to purchase ones that can be taken apart and washed easily.)
4. Give your pet garlic and yeast. (this will increase your dogs immune system and the garlic and yeast will make your dogs skin taste terrible to parasites!)
5. Comb their hair regularly to get any parasites out
6. Bathe your pet! (thick soap that is lathered and left on for 5 minutes will drown and suffocate the fleas — no chemicals!)
7. Use lemon spray (if you cut a lemon into pieces and cover it with boiling water and steep it over night then spray on your pet the next day, they will repel fleas)
8. Use lavender oil on your dogs neck and base of the tail (your pet will resist fleas and smell great!)
9. Try cedar oil (try a little dab first to make sure that your pet is not allergic and then this can be applied to their bodies, as well as their bedding, floors, furniture and lawns to repel the little buggers!)
Hopefully these were some helpful hints for all your skeptical dog owners, like myself! Take care of your dog and they will love you forever!